Baba

Reading is like breathing...

Touch & Geaux - Abigail Roux

4 stars.****Review completed April 4, 2013

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-03-12um214021_zpsec9a0ad1.png

I really liked the shower scene...

Ty smacked a hand over Zane's mouth and buried his face against Zane's shoulder. His other hand wrapped around Zane's chest. He drove his hips against Zane's ass, using Zane's own cum to slick the way, using Zane's body for the friction he needed.

Overall Touch & Geaux was a fun and entertaining read. Make no mistake, however, there is hardly any 'sweetness' to be found in this one. They have to deal with plenty of pain due to secrets that will be revealed. Hence, Ty and Zane are spending a rather huge part of the plot fighting and arguing. No worries though, in the end they like/lick love one another again. As it was, I especially appreciated the final 15 % of the plot. On the one hand, it was thrilling and I liked the action and on the other hand, I'm already looking forward to reading the sequel because Ty has been (view spoiler) It will be interesting to see how this will affect Ty and Zane's relationship (view spoiler) Also, I really enjoyed to see Ty's team (Sidewinder) again, and a new character has been introduced (Liam Bell.) Though I'm not quite sure yet what to think of him, this bunch of merry guys cranked up the fun factor significantly and I loved their bickering.

Granted, the calendar thingy was a little bit cheesy but it was a good joke nonetheless and made me smile like crazy.

Let's face it, I love to read this series mainly because of Ty and Zane. The plot is hardly ever well thought out or really believable. But who cares? When I curl up on my couch I sure know that I will spend a couple of hours of fun and it's safe to say that Ty and Zane will provide a few good giggles. Always. Touch & Geaux was no exception and despite their argument I closed the book with a smile on my face as well as a little thrill of anticipation.

What did not sit well with me

The secrets

(view spoiler)

I was absolutely clueless about this secret. The next one, however, did not really come as a huge surprise anymore, since I was suspecting something like that but not in this entirety.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-04-02um215723_zps381bcbef.png

photo tumblr_mk34d6mAAQ1qgkgjlo1_500_zps7441973d.gif

(view spoiler)

Yup, and then the 'talk' about trust issues blah, blah, blah. Zane…friendly advice…It was alright to feel indignant but then you should simply address the issue, talk about it, clear the air and then suck. It. Up. Just move on! I mean where have you been wronged? You're not the first who has to deal with something like that and it's clear that the order came from someone higher up the chain of command. So, instead of falling back into old patterns (clinging to your pathetic bottle) you should man up. Oh my, all the anger and fighting were not funny. Dunno but maybe you need glasses? When you can't see and feel that Ty loves you then something is very wrong with you and he said multiple times that he was sorry. This extended and artificial drama was totally needless! It took up so much time (more than 20 % of the plot) that it did detract from my enjoyment of the story.

Still, I'm TEAM TY. Always. Even though Ty is by far not flawless he is very loyal and he has a sense of purpose, that's for sure.(view spoiler)

photo tumblr_lyevmmlxmb1r8qufeo1_500_zps3cf9d96e.gif

"Sometimes I wonder who I'd be if it weren't for them," Ty said, his voice a whisper that barely rose above the sound of the water.

"Zane." His voice was hushed and pensive. "Sometimes I'm not capable of expressing how grateful I am for you."
"What do you mean?"
Ty put a hand to his own chest, visibly struggling to find the right words. "For your…So few people have ever understood the way I work. In here." He tapped his chest. "Thank you for…your insight."

"She's got a lot of pins in you."

photo tumblr_m12dvsCU191qk2bpto1_500_zpsac2114b2.gif

"I believe in you," Zane whispered.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-04-03um193729_zps741d43b3.png

"I know it. I will never be the man you think I am."
Zane's breaths came harder. "We've both been trying so hard to be worthy of each other."

photo tumblr_l4frbtN2Cc1qzgcpyo1_500.gif

"I just need to be able to trust you, Ty," he whispered.
"You can. I swear you can. I'd die for you, Zane."
Zane's heart was in his throat as he studied Ty's profile. "I know."

"And you," Ty continued, his voice breaking. "You're a phoenix, Zane. Rising from the ashes. And all I do is make you burn."

photo tumblr_mg5qyqy5v51rdtdoho1_500_zps054345fa.gif

"I was an (view spoiler) I'm the man who doesn't miss. And I'm yours."
(…)
"I'm an artist. I'm a geek." He felt Ty smile. "I am one badass motherfucker on a motorcycle."
Ty began to laugh.
Zane dipped his head until they were staring into each other's eyes. "And I'm yours."

Finally, I loved the (view spoiler) Very cool. <3

photo tumblr_mf6jipq9hd1rj59g7o1_500_zps6c257f24.gif

(view spoiler)

And since Ty has been (view spoiler) had a special impact.

I don't think it was a dark or angsty read. It was, however, a bit stressful, annoying at times as well as emotional due to certain uncoverings. And while Touch & Geaux is not my favorite Cut & Run story, it's a must read for every Ty and Zane addict. Also, I'm very curious to see what craziness book number 8 will provide. Last but not least I *think* that the somewhat surprising ending of T & G could bring this series a nice boost. Bring it on!

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/459358333