Baba

Reading is like breathing...

Reaper's Property  - Joanna Wylde

*****WOOT! I just saw that Reaper's Property is the 500th book that I have rated on GR!*****

4 yummy stars.

Photobucket

After leaving her abusive and cheating husband, Marie is living with her brother in a trailer. Jeff is working for the Reapers, a motorcycle club. Marie and Horse kind of hook up when Horse and his brothers are visiting Jeff to discuss business. Later on, Horse offers Marie an exclusive relationship with him; he wanted her to be his old lady, but she refused flat out and on top of that, she even insulted him and hurt his feelings. Marie totally blew him off and they stopped talking and things went downhill. Our heroine got drunk, sent him a bunch of stupid texts and from there on things fell really apart. Now back to dear ole Jeff who has gotten himself into real trouble…

"Why don't I buy her?" Horse said. Everyone turned to look at him, startled. "I'll buy Marie from the club, and we give Jensen another shot. Fifty grand, outta my pocket and into the club account. We wait and see if Jensen comes up with the money and interest. He does, I get paid back, the club makes a profit. He doesn't, it's on me."

When Marie found the Reapers holding a gun to her brother's head she did accept Horse's "offer" that if she would go with him they would give Jeff another chance to put things right. Unfortunately though, our innocent heroine is clueless and she is so in for it.

"You do this, it's your choice. I'm not raping you. You're making a decision to pay for your brother's mistake on your back. You get me?"(…)
"I'm serious," Horse said, glaring at me. "You call it off any time you want. I'm not gonna lock you up and watch you every minute. You make this deal, it's up to you to keep it. (…)"

When I turned to him, shaky, he gave me a smile that didn't reach his eyes. Then he slowly and deliberately lifted his fingers, licking off my juices.
"Don't care how good you taste, you don't call the shots," he whispered. "We clear?"
"Your rules," I whispered back. "Or I leave. And what happens if I do?"
"To you?" he said. "Nothing. You're with me of your own free will. But the club has to be paid in blood, Marie, not even I control that. Don't forget."

"Next time you want to play with your pretty pink toy, you do it while I'm watching. If you're a good girl, I'll let you wear the tee. Got it?"

"This pussy," he said, fingering me. I moaned in response, ashamed at how easily he made me wet. "This pussy is mine. You are mine. I'll fuck you when and where I want, and you can either take it or get the fuck out. Are we clear?"

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-01-19um154251_zpsd4a3e392.png

Marie had fallen into a new, strange, and unknown world where people didn't follow the rules. They live in a different world with different rules. That's the reality in the MC world. To top it all off, it's a very sexist world. But instead of feeling horrified at what she was seeing and experiencing, Marie actually "liked" her new life. Horse wanted to claim Marie and he didn't want to share her with his brothers. Claiming a woman, branding her as his property meant that she would be untouchable.

"A man takes a woman, means to keep her, she becomes his property," Horse continued. "We covered that before--it's a sign of commitment, of respect. It means he'll protect her and everyone else better keep their fucking hands off her or be ready to fight him and his brothers. You do not want to fuck with a man's old lady."

I really enjoyed Reaper's Property. Who does not love a very tall, built, tattooed, possessive, handsome biker hero with long hair? The hero is called Horse because he is hung like a…

Photobucket

Gee, Baba, who would have guessed?

"No shit. Honestly, it's about accuracy, not size, babe." "Did I seriously just hear you,(view spoiler) "Horse" (view spoiler) tell me it's not about size?"

And let's just get it out of the way: Reaper's Property is not a KA copy. There are very few quotes that are similar to KA speech but that's about it.

There's plenty of explicit sex and you are getting your money's worth, that's for sure. While the sex scenes are well-written and steamy, some are a bit rough but nothing OTT. Also, there are a few voyeuristic as well as public scenes included.

Photobucket

"Just roll with it," he whispered. "And keep doing whatever exercises you do to make your cunt squeeze like that. They got a college degree for that?"

photo tumblr_mg2h0u8ku31r6zyb4o1_500_zps93aa762a.gif

Granted, the hero had a couple of asshat moments to work through and that was mainly Marie's fault. On the other hand I was pleased to see how sweet, tender, and caring Horse could be. In all fairness I have to say that Horse saying offensive things was understandable and he redeemed himself along the way. Even though I love to read about this lifestyle I'm very sure it would never work out for me in real life. All this archaic behavior is so not for me and I'm certainly not into illegal stuff either. Nobody is going to own me, nobody is going to tell me when and where I have to spread my legs and nobody is telling me what I have to do in the house. Nope. It would not suit me at all. All things considered though, I can understand why it would appeal to other people women. Still, it's always too romanticized in books but I think it's all right. Horse is a good example why I love to read about a badass biker hero. Let's just have a good time!

What didn't quite work for me
The timeframe hopping was irritating. Furthermore, I found it rather stupid when Marie asked (view spoiler)

Once again we have a lack of communication and/or miscommunication. To be honest, it's becoming a little pet peeve of mine. Marie really annoyed me when she was jumping to conclusions instead of addressing her issues.

Finally, the epilogue was a little bit too saccharine for my liking even though I loved Horse's (view spoiler)

Reaper's Property is not without flaws, but overall it's a very entertaining read. One thing's for sure, there's never a dull moment to be found. Plenty of colorful characters, hot sex, some nice action, and little bit of drama kicked some serious ass! If you don't mind to read about sexist behavior and men who make their own rules in life then give it a try. And last but not least the hero is so darn lickable likable.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-01-19um155351_zps7ab43d6e.png

"Love you, babe. Are you still planning to shoot me?"

Recommended to readers who loved Kristen Ashley's Motorcycle Man. Also, those readers who didn't particularly like Madeline Sheehan's Undeniable might enjoy Reaper's Property because it's much tamer than Undeniable and there is no (view spoiler)

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/508099256