Baba

Reading is like breathing...

Reckless - Skye Jordan

2.5 stars.**Review completed September 15, 2013Caution! If you can't handle a rant then I would advise you to stop right now.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-08-23um201403_zps05b59c07png_zpsc33444b4.jpg

What I loved: THIS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The sexting at the airport was great! Loved it and even Jax was delicious. Their first (view spoiler) encounter in New York was hot, sensual and thrilling. No need to beat around the bush either. I really loved that too. It is very unfortunate that a lot went down the drain later on.

photo tumblr_mmt201pzhL1rarypbo1_500_zps92a6ac40.gif

photo tumblr_mmnuqr9qaJ1s9b724o1_500_zps584a082f.gif

photo 34aaf594-809d-4f1f-b04b-fe1bd0767962_zpseede2783.jpg

THE BAD

Plenty of waterworks and drama…drama…drama…OMG, it's my fault. I shouldn't have…blah blah blah

photo tumblr_m92mzsv7Ap1rsq9eyo1_500.gif

THE WRITING
While I enjoyed the beginning of the story I felt that something was off from the get-go. I just needed a little while to get to the heart of the matter. It was the writing; eyegasms all the way, baby! Ugh. Nothing positive about it though. It's incrediblyclichéd and syrupy.
You know I LOVE lyrical writing. In fact, I soak that up in a heartbeat. However, what I got here is not lyrical, not by a long shot. It's like a bomb filled with rainbows, flowers and unicorns that exploded in front of my eyes.

Jax came across as a pathetic and wounded wuss. Oh, yeah, he is the poor guy who has been screwed over by too many women and his entire family. *pets* Instead of improving his poor state of mind and self-confidence he is beating himself up even more. Oh, the pity party, right Jaxy-boy? Yep, wallow in your misery and have fun! I found the perfect gif…

photo tumblr_mikj4pAO7I1s6vpuwo1_500_zps79b8786d.gif

photo tumblr_mjphovoCAq1rl81v7o1_500_zpsba97dd3e.gif

The second half of the story really ruined this book for me and the final 20 % made me roll my eyes again and again, and I was floating through a wad of sickeningly sweet cotton candy and anger, hoping it would be over soon. I was always thinking "Grow a pair, you pathetic jerk!" The apologies were all over the place. For more you can read my updates four to six. Says all.

My outburst at 64 %. I was incredibly pissed off.
(view spoiler)

Then I really thought he would man up and right a wrong. Shortly after when they were together again the next problem knocked at their door; the happiness didn't last long.

At 81 %:
(view spoiler)

At 89 % (no update):
The final drama which made me want to tear my hair out.
He (view spoiler) her because he (view spoiler) Are you f@@@ing kidding me??? Instead of (view spoiler) *facepalm* *makes incoherent noises* *needs valium*

photo tumblr_m6ueo5BlJH1r4u9wdo1_400_zpsfc5f092b.gif

THIS: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I AM SO DONE WITH CONTRIVED DRAMAS!!!

I was tired of hearing "I'm sorry, it's my fault." or "I'm sorry, baby. I should have known better." And then she would say"I'm…sorry, Jax. This is my fault. I shouldn't have…I didn't realize..." "Jax, please…" His response again "I'm so sorry." Blah blah blah *gags*

Another sample "(…)Listen to him, Lexi. This is your future. Don't throw it away for one hot guy."
When someone would tell me where I have to eat and s@it or with whom I may go on a date then I would tell them to go take a hike. And I'm being polite! I could also tell them to go…um…&%$£^?*+§££%ç&£?$$!!!! I think you get the gist. She (was it Martina?) tried hard to convince Lexi what was good for her and her career. Uh-huh, get lost!

Reckless lacked credibility. I'm sorry and I try hard not to let my inner jealous bitch speaking. BUT. When an (view spoiler)man is pushing a woman against a wall and gives her multiple orgasms within a blink of an eye then I really have to wonder if that's realistic. Oh, and let's not forget the little drama afterwards "Oh, God. Are you (view spoiler) OMGGGGGG, he is(view spoiler) Oh, oh, oh…OMG...*scurries panic-stricken around* Sorry, I think I'm entitled to my own little drama once in a while. And that's only one little example. Hmm…I think I got a bit sidetracked. Anyway, I marvel at the super-duper multiple orgasms that were all over the story. Also, Reckless is riddled with clichés. We have throats that squeeze with regret, hearts that squeeze with whatnot and the sex that squeezes too, although that was to be expected. I mean that's really, really harmless; there are descriptions in this story that made my heartsqueeze with utter anguish.

There's one good thing though. These two are perfect for each other. Both have the same issues, the same shortcomings.

Men used her as window dressing, the same way women used Jax--for dressing, a reputation boost, favors.

I'm sorry but my inner bitch is rearing its ugly head once again before I come to an end with my review rant. Is it necessary that Lexi was sooooooo incredibly beautiful? Perfect. Extraterrestrial stunning. Awesome. Perfect, fantastic, fabulous body. An out of this world Hollywood star between the sheets. Flawless. She is a former model. Explains everything, riiiiight?

Ok, now let's float very slowly back to earth and real life. Ding, ding. Yep, safe landing, soft as a cushion.

I know I'm exaggerating but I wanted to get my point across. Still, it's a fact that Lexi is incredibly beautiful with a perfect body.

photo tumblr_m1y0ykjj5y1rorsg3o1_500_zps2fbae037.gif

It's safe to say that Reckless is another hyped book that didn't live up to my expectations. Well, the coast is clear and Baba is going to shut it now. *deep throat breath*
Rant over.

P.S. I feel better now.

photo tumblr_mjpnewed191s7hypio1_500_zpsa536efb2.gif

Over and out.

marked as:currently-reading09/08

0.0%" photo tumblr_mdf3dp4ufZ1r8ufr0o1_500_zps4b83c737.gif
I know I'm late to the party and I really hope that Jax will sneak his way into my inappropriate thoughts. Let's see what all the fuss is about..." 20 comments09/09

34.0%" photo removed_zps24cfbc0a.gif
I'm enjoying it so far! It's fun and Jax is hot! :)4 comments09/11

41.0%" photo tumblr_mjjkonRAM81rq4lc6o1_500_zpsd1d2550e.gif
"This is just the beginning. We have all night. A dozen different orgasms to explore. Let go and come for me, sweetheart."
Jax...I'm back! :)" 11 comments09/12

64.0%""I'm street smart enough to recognize why a hot ticket like you is interested in me. And, baby, we both know it's not sex when you could get that anywhere, with anyone you wanted."
YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!! I am seriously PISSED. OFF!!!!! You are sickeningly suspicious and overly melodramatic. Get your pathetic act together or you're going to ruin EVERYTHING!!!! Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
26 comments09/12

81.0%"Well, this kinda lost its momentum. And Jax is a disguised wuss. On the outside he is the sexy hunk who has his pick of women but on the inside he is insecure. Where is your self-confidence? Is it funny to beat yourself up? I found the word I was looking for…the writing is all about eyegasms. Honestly, it's kinda too much for me.17 comments09/13

100.0%" photo aa4c01b6-8c6b-403a-aa6e-dd157a3d997a_zps380be610.jpg