Baba

Reading is like breathing...

4.5 dork-tastic stars. Damon that was a very GOOD IDEA.

4.5 dork-tastic stars.****Review completed October 13, 2013

photo 34880c23-d532-4c6a-a3cf-5451e9624cb9_zpsdc472599.jpg

photo tumblr_m83sp9a9Aj1rze05do1_500_zpse23b402f.gif

photo 0299bc16-ca6f-4157-9f31-c14543108c8a_zpsa0eca03c.jpg

Damon…you write the most amazing things! <3
 photo 1067f73f-09bc-45b9-8847-927823df9e62_zps7f43d048.jpg

"Having a kid is like having your heart walking around outside your body for the rest of your life."

photo d682a2fe-1ae6-4832-b7ab-7a392bd35b44_zpse71c302a.jpg

"In high school I felt like an ugly unicorn." Trip grabbed his buckle firmly. "Big fucking shank hanging off me."
Silas fell back on the couch. "Hey, I like unicorns. Unicorns are just weaponized ponies."

photo tumblr_mtr8t7r6co1r4rzbvo2_500_zps616e79c1.gif

Adorable and adorkable. Nerdy and geeky. Endearing and charming. Cheeky and witty. Hot and sexy. Crazy and funny.

Damon, you are my little demon and I loved your pearls ofwisdom dorkiness!

Some Damon-isms…

Holy horny downtime, Batman!

Fanthropology in the wild

Arma-gaydar

disasturbate

Fifty Shades of Fingered by Fabio's Fuckery

suit-itis

photo 0e08e53b-d9a8-49e5-a0b0-d5f0f531b0fb_zpsed8eed25.jpg

I'm aware of the fact that I shouldn't compare apples and oranges. Yet my mind can't help wandering back to Hot Head and Dante and Griff pretty darn regularly, because there are some books I will always carry close to my heart. Fact is, I loved Bad Idea but here's another fact: I loved Hot Head more. So, 4.5 stars it is.

"God, I think I wanna f@ck me now."

Don't expect anything similar to Hot Head coz you might end up disappointed. Bad Idea is very different but it's a very good kind of different. Plus, it's definitely written in Damon's distinct and witty voice. I might be wrong but I have an inkling that there must be more of Damon's personality and professional background interwoven in Bad Idea than in Hot Head. If my memory serves me right then he's been writing for stage and screen for a long time, and I'm pretty sure that Bad Idea gave us a realistic insight into the entertainment industry.

"I figured you'd set up the Big Dog pavilion, peeing on your hydrants."

Sometimes I felt like someone had catapulted me straight into a comic book, considering the interwoven comic speech and the somewhat manic plot. Nowadays I don't read comics anymore but as a kid I was a fan of Asterix & Obelix and The Adventures of Tintin. Yeah, the good old days. To me Bad Idea was a breath of fresh air and I really do appreciate it when an author provides books with different plots and characters. As a matter of fact, I don't want to read the same book over and over again, and I enjoy to taste something original.

"Mister, I'm about to write you a reality check. Or would you prefer the cold, hard cash of truth."

There's more to Bad Idea than two quirky main protagonists. The story delivers a great cast of well-drawn secondary characters and I especially loved Jillian. She's cool and crazy funny!

"Kiddo, there's so much (view spoiler) in that thing I can taste his precum."

From a physical point of view Silas and Trip differ greatly. Yet what makes a relationship work are inner values, and as long as heart, mind and body are perfectly aligned, you've got a chance to make it work. After some turmoils Silas and Trip accomplished to get their HEA. By the way, the men lovin' was titillating and hot! Oh, and don't get any wrong ideas. Even though Silas does creature makeup he's a very manly guy. There's really nothing effeminate about him. I just wanted to make that clear. Besides, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm not a huge fan of effeminate male characters either.

"I'm being serious. Speaking from vast dick experience, that's a pretty manageable dickiness as dicks go."

photo tumblr_muispn9hRn1rk0tgso1_500_zpsd4ea41c4.gif

Silas relaxed. "I try to do something terrifying every day. Keeps my heart on its toes."
Trip chuckled. "Your heart has toes?"
"Maybe. It runs around enough."

Illustrators draw every important detail and moment, authors write them down and readers…well, they read the stories but we all have the same goal on our minds: We do all those things so we won't forget (I quote) a single second of a single moment, because what if we never got to have them again?

Bad Idea is a fast-paced and quirky read that provides an interesting plot, great dialogue and a compelling narrative. I caught myself smiling and laughing all the time. An author told me a while ago that she had a fantastic time in Damon's company during an authors' event and I believe her in a heartbeat. Besides, I'm certain you've heard this question already "Which celebrity would you like to meet?" Damon is one of those 'celebrities' I'd love to meet. In a heartbeat.

Recommended read.

All quotes are taken from the pre-published copy and may be altered or omitted in the final copy.

**ARC courtesy of Dreamspinner Press via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/718559382?utm_medium=email&utm_source=rating