Baba

Reading is like breathing...

The best m-m-m series.

One Bright Star - Kate Sherwood

3.5 stars. Review posted November 6, 2013

photo tumblr_mfegrmK1Al1qzt4vjo1_500_zps648114d1.gif

photo tumblr_mfajpnZ9gv1qe113ro1_500_zpsc626e5b5.gif

"Keep the crying down below a scream," Anna said. She smiled at Jeff. "We gave you brandy. Rubbed it on your gums. Probably not acceptable these days, but, damn, it shut you up."
"We're not giving the child liquor," Jeff said, his hand wrapping protectively around RJ's head. Then he squinted at his mother, judging her honesty. "You got me drunk to shut me up?"
"Not drunk," she scoffed (…)

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-10-31um225655_zpsbf1e6c83.png

"What do you think? (view spoiler)
"Da!" RJ said enthusiastically. "Da, Da!"
"Don't get all worked up, Evan," Dan said quickly. "The books say he'll just use nonsense syllables, and (view spoiler)

"But nothing," he repeated, "Nothing to do with you. Absolutely. It's just…" He turned toward Jeff and said, "I want us to (view spoiler)

photo tumblr_mbugdb7W6u1rwiv0vo1_500_zps8d13aea9.gif

"You weren't wrong about the (view spoiler) But you weren't right, either. When you said the (view spoiler) don't matter, compared to RJ? I don't think that was right. Because the (view spoiler) are us…not the three of us, as separate people; the three of us together, the way we're going to raise RJ. And you guys…you maybe don't know so well, but trust me…parents matter. Parents are important, and being parents is our biggest, hardest job, and (view spoiler) and are raising RJ together…that matters."

photo tumblr_m9zy35EGzG1rn19nco1_500_zpsdd94e99f.gif

I don't need to review One Bright Star. Suffice it to say that I was happy to meet Dan, Evan and Jeff again. RJ the toddler (no spoiler, read the blurb) was a sweet extra, the icing on the cake. Seriously, seeing and feeling their love for each other gives me the warm fuzzies. Sweet. Oh, yes, One Bright Star is a nice and shiny little read.
Reading this short novella is incentive to look forward to a tranquil and reflective time that's called Christmas. A time that you should spend with your family and loved ones.

Recommended read. In fact, I'd recommend you to read the entire series and don't forget to read the books in order.

*************************************************

You can download it for free:

I bought it via amazon.de. I don't begrudge the author her money and I'm willing to pay for a great series.

If you'd like to read the spoilers then check out the GR link below.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/602790143