Baba

Reading is like breathing...

Shock & Awe  - Abigail Roux

4 smutty and fun stars.

photo 243f6c0f-6631-4ffa-b368-4807284689bb_zpsa8a4dc91.jpg

HOT DAMN! Shock and Awe was a real treat and for such a short read it sure packed a punch!

photo tumblr_mvuvojRBX51sf2dxwo1_500_zpsd15060e8.gif

"I want to know what it feels like to kiss a guy. And you've had a lot of practice, so I know you're a good kisser."
"Are you simultaneously complimenting me and calling me a whore?"
"I'm…I'm just impressed you can take half a Percocet and say simul…simultaneous."

photo 2d2d9e57-51d5-40bc-8a67-a6fdff4bd04d_zps3580751e.jpg

photo 034a2cef-c7b2-489f-b30e-48e1dbfe2fb1_zps37c08890.jpg

"Don't," Nick warned with a point."
Kelly quirked an eyebrow.
"Don't you do it."
"Come give me a cuddle with a happy ending."
Nick was still pointing at him. "I will not be leveraged."
"Cuddle," Kelly said, waving his hand.
"I don't negotiate with terrorists!"
"Come on, Nicko, come give me a manly cuddle."
"Put down the eggs."
"Promise I'll get a cuddle?" Kelly asked.

photo 76bf6191-2072-460b-a7f2-4fd4335b16c9_zps9453babe.jpg

"Just stop talking, Beaumont," Nick grunted. "You're like the Bermuda Triangle of morals."
Zane snorted and covered it with a cough.
"Fine, be that way," Ty said. "Go be a goddamn white knight."

(view spoiler) LOL

photo 711744_zps0287f9ff.gif

Nick buried himself deep and began to laugh. "You're dirty, Kels."
"That's like Satan calling me a bad boy."

First off I think it would be very favorable to read Touch & Geauxbefore you tackle Shock and Awe because there's a serious tie-in. Come to think of it, maybe it would be good to read the entire Cut & Run series before you start with Shock and Awe. After all, it's an entertaining series and so worth reading. Also, the fun goes on with S&A.

The quotes are self-evident and I don't need to extensively review the book. Suffice it to say that I enjoyed it very much. Some hot smut and a tiny touch of kink, great and witty dialogue, and two perfect dance partners made this an all-around gratifying ride. Now I could say something about instant gratification but…I won't.

Minor quibble
I didn't want it to be over so soon. On the other hand, short and compelling instead of long and boring is fine by me.

Gimme more!

P.S. (view spoiler)…yes, please!

If you'd like to read my spoilers then check out the GR link below.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/630848806?utm_medium=email&utm_source=rating