Baba

Reading is like breathing...

I'm back among the living. My book funk is over.

Among the Living (PsyCop) - Jordan Castillo Price

4 ended-my-book-funk stars.****Review completed January 3, 2013

photo 1a321186-fcd1-4056-bdd4-f8f1d64dd5b1_zps5a55afda.png

photo tumblr_moy609j9UI1qffcrao4_500_zps462b7afa.gif

I opened my eyes again to keep myself with Marks, anchored in the present, among the living.

"Stop it, Marks. You're killing me."
He sat back on his heels, still fully clothed, and licked his lips. "Why don't you call me Jacob?" he suggested.

photo tumblr_mj7bwl0cX21s3n8gzo1_250_zps454d2b9a.gif

"New partner lined up yet?"
I wondered if "partner" was also supposed to be flirtatious, as in "sexual partner." But even my Auracel-addled mind figured that'd be a pretty far stretch.

photo 974fc368-80ca-41aa-abcf-40cf92f1ebc6_zpsecaa9d7e.png

Victor Bayne is a psychic medium and part of the PsyCop unit solving murders.

A pair of opposites forms a Paranormal Investigation Unit. The Psychs--psychic cops--do the psychic stuff, just like you'd expect. And the Stiffs--look, I didn't name 'em--are oblivious to any psychic interference a sixth-sensory gifted criminal might throw out there.

Vic is at his soon-to-be-ex partner's home, celebrating Maurice's retirement when he's on the lookout for the bathroom and runs into hotshot Detective Jacob Marks, the golden child of the Twelfth Precinct Sex Crimes Unit.

"So," Marks said, deftly swerving his bulging pecs around my shoulder as he maneuvered past me. I stood there gaping and trying not to choke. "Lost your stiff."
A comment about the crassness of calling Maurice a Stiff stuck somewhere around the last Auracel, as I realized that Marks not only knew who I was and what I did, but that he seemed to be flirting with me. Detective Marks--queer? Who knew? And besides, he was a Stiff, too.

Baba drools a little bit now because that dude is sexy as sin! Jacob is big with a ripped body, dark eyes and close-cropped dark hair, a neat goatee and olive skin. As a nice bonus, he sure knows how to choose the right clothes that emphasize his delectable body. It's easy for him to do the switch from a classy and expensive suit to cool jeans, a sexy T-shirt and a leather jacket. Ok, back to the story before I get lost here.

Vic and Jacob did not waste any time in that tiny bathroom and got down to business by jacking each other off. I must admit that I didn't know if I should be annoyed or amused but I got stuck with the latter. I was actually hoping for some kind of build up when I started Among the Living, but I got over my irritation fast enough. I couldn't help and smile all the time. It's fascinating to try and keep up with Vic's quick mind and Jacob took care of my need to ogle at something someone scrumptious. As many of you know I'm so not into that PNR stuff and I'd be lying if I said I didn't need a little bit of time to get used to that part of the story. The soul-sucker villain wasn't quite my cup of tea. Oh well, what did interest me the most are Vic and Jacob anyway and I'm happy that I can have my fill in the near future.

There is something to say about reading bad books. Don't throw any rotten tomatoes at me now because I'm not talking about the PsyCop series. As a matter of fact, without having read two books in a row that didn't appeal to me, I would not have jumped on Vic and Jacob. I did browse Amazon and my GR shelves for an hour and had a hard time to decide what to read. Eventually though these two guys did end my book funk and I'm happy that I had such a great start to my new reading year.

Jordan's writing is great and kept me glued to the pages. Vic is totally endearing, witty and hilarious and Jacob's hot physique is the icing on the cake. Boy, I can't wait to see what's going to happen when they actually do the deed because what I've witnessed so far was extremely sexy and enticing, i.e. the scene against the window. I'm really looking forward to getting to know these two MCs better because I WANT more background information.

Recommended read.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/612051706?utm_medium=email&utm_source=rating