Baba

Reading is like breathing...

Tread Marks & Trademarks - S.A. McAuley

3.5 stars.***Review posted February 28, 2014

We have a hot (disabled) hunk who's a Chris Hemsworth look-alike…
 photo tumblr_mxvk60Sgw91sfibj1o1_500_zps211a1858.gif

photo tumblr_mwr4dpK4nq1rv82coo1_500_zps6c203fe3.gif

…and a geek who's a splendid inventor, engineer as well as a great cook.
 photo tumblr_inline_mql48qoM6o1qf05cj_zps0d64c3b8.gif

…thank you, Sam. :)

photo b3cfcf40-8b85-4a12-adc3-fda4663c92c3_zpscf8daa9b.png

I'm not in the mood to write extensive reviews, so this is going to be short.

I loved the beginning; it started off strong but somewhere along the line it lost its sparkle and irresistibility. The story truly lacked any real conflicts or tension. Despite Christian being a disabled hunk, the characters seemed to be a little bit too perfect and everything happened a little bit too easily for my taste. Also, if I encountered a minor problem it was resolved quickly with a nice little bow, sort of. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed it otherwise I wouldn't have rated it with 3.5 stars. Apart from my issues, this is an entertaining and solid read that provided very likable characters and enough good dialogue to hold my attention. I have to look at it for what it was: a light and fun read for in between.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out what a talented author S.A. McAuley is. I think we can expect great things from her in the future. Please check out:

Someday It Will Be
This is What a Cold Lake Looks Like
An Immoveable Solitude

If you've read them already then you know what I'm talking about. Sam deserves the praise.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/861992279?utm_medium=email&utm_source=rating